1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oliver twist playscript?????????

Discussion in 'Primary' started by freddiecider, May 18, 2007.

1. freddiecider

freddiecider New commenter

Hi

We are planning to do Oliver as our end of year play this term. We have the music but are struggling to find a script. Does anyone have one or know where I could get one from?

All help much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

2. freddiecider

freddiecider New commenter

Hi

We are planning to do Oliver as our end of year play this term. We have the music but are struggling to find a script. Does anyone have one or know where I could get one from?

All help much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

3. I have one!
    Let me have your e mail - I will either post a copy to you or - if its still on computer - send it as attachment.
    Am not in school til Weds though if i haven't got it on my laptop.

4. Could I have one too as we are thinking of doing this. I also have music and some ideas, but would welcome a script.
    rosie@raellis.freeserve.co.uk
    Thanks

5. Will Weds be ok?

6. If you could, may I please have one, too? Downloaded some links to music that someone put up but was hoping to get more.

Thanks so much!

Joy

joyfuljoyful43@yahoo.com

7. Racer
    Weds will be fine. Not going to do much this week apart from maybe show the kids some of the DVD.

8. Have just checked on Computer - unfortunately I will have to send you a paper copy - can do on Weds for you all.
    Will contact you by e mail to confirm addresses.
    Off on a canference for 2 days!

9. hello there!
    Would you be able to send a copy to me as well? It would be much appreciated.
    gemma_salmon@hotmail.com
    Thanks a lot
    Gemma

10. hi im looking for a play and im wondering if u still have that script?

11. dxt

dxt

12. Watch watch watch!! You are treading on heavily copyrighted waters here.

You should not be sharing scripts unless each of you have the rights to do the production. https://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffroom/thread.aspx?story_...

As was discussed on that thread last week.

The fines are huge, and they do fine you should they find out. School production or not, i would do it the right way.

13. misshughessph

misshughessph New commenter

got the grease playscript if anyone wants it?? Just need to change the names! Im sure you would sort out a licence... :)

14. misshughessph

misshughessph New commenter

I may have Oliver script on my laptop in school. If I still have it I will post my email on here tomorrow!

15. If anyone has a script for Oliver could i please have a copy? This is the first time im being put in charge of the school production - really scary! Also does anybody know where you get the licence from? Cant find information about it? Thanks x x

16. Hi there,
    I know this is an old message but I was wondering if you still have it....
    I never sent the individual message request but my school needs a primary playscript of Oliver too for the Year 6 end of year production.Tryimg to get ahead of the game and not be sorting it at the last minute.
    I would be sooooo grateful if you could help.
    Lesa
    elliessay@hotmail.com

17. Here is all the information you need about obtaining the license, scripts, score and orchestral material for the show in question legally and all above board. I'm sure you weren't considering doing an illegal knock-off version but you never know.

18. Hi,

I would like to do a fun version of oliver twist and would be grateful of any written scripts I could adapt.

Thanks a lot.

Jenright100@yahoo.co.uk

19. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Can I reiterate one of the earlier posts. You MUST go through the proper channels. You cannot assume that you can just put on a performance, You need to apply for permission to perform-that depends on whether anyone one else in the local area is doing it. If they give you permission you can then apply for the licence. You need to hire the scripts and piano accompaniment. You need to put certain wording on the programme to acknowledge the copyright. I know this because we did it last year. Please dont put on a performance without proper permission-the fines are huge if you get caught.
    Google Tams-Witmark Music Library for details