1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Old MFL textbooks

Discussion in 'Textbook exchange' started by salterj, Jun 1, 2018.

1. salterj

salterj New commenter

I asked at school if anyone wanted to take old text books to a charity that can use them abroad. No-one wants our french and german books. We only teach spanish. Does anyone have any ideas,other than the skip? They are over 10years old

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

Would any local schools want them?

3. ed717

ed717 New commenter

Which books are they? I teach French and German in Sri Lanka. We are always interested in building up books for reference! Hope I haven't seen this too late. I will be back in the UK in July and August so could collect them if you are anywhere near the Scottish borders?

4. salterj

salterj New commenter

They are about to be tipped!!! There are boxes and boxes of them!! I've tried so hard but the head and the caretakers are fed up with them being stored in various places around the school. I could save one of each? They are quite old, published 2005. One box is french dictionaries. We are in Coventry.

5. ed717

ed717 New commenter

One of each would be great - the only issue is postage, I don't have a UK bank account anymore (tried to reopen my dormant one, and was told I needed 3 proofs of address which I don't have anymore!) and my Sri Lankan one doesn't allow me to make transfers :( I'm trying to think of a way around this so I could pay you for postage? Do you have any suggestions?