1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Old KS1 sats papers, teacher assessment

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mystery10, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

I'm not a primary teacher so I'd be grateful for an answer to this one that does not assume any prior knowledge!
    I'm wanting to find old SATs papers for KS1 - maths and English, not science. I want the real SATs papers, not commercial mock tests. I'm happy to pay for them. Where there were different papers for different NC levels, I want those too. I don't know which year they stopped KS1 sats papers, but I'd like say four different years' worth of SATs papers.

Also I would like to understand how the majority of KS1 teachers assess children for the NC levels they announce at the end of Year 2? References to things I can find on the internet etc would be very helpful. Are there many teachers who do this by using old SATS papers? Do teachers make a special effort to do it at some point in the summer term (if so when?) or is it just a summation of everything they know about a pupil from their work during the course of the school year?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Thank you, anyone got an answer for English, and the other bit about how teacher assessment at KS1 commonly is carried out?

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Can I ask why you want old test papers?
    Year 2 teachers are continually assessing the children's day to day work to establish the level theyare working at. Some schools use APP for this purpose.

5. Agreed. Ongoing assessment throughout the year. In our school using APP.
    The KS1 tests only server to inform a small part of our assessment.

6. PM-ed you!
    [​IMG]

7. Go to the address below and sign up for their newsletter - no cost involved. You then get access to download all the past papers and mark schemes
    http://www.brightminds.co.uk