1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Old A-level books

Discussion in 'Science' started by mickymilan, Feb 16, 2011.

1. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

I did my A-levels 10 years ago and remember buying some chemistry revision guides for each unit. I think they were about £6 each and had a dark blue/green over. Does anyone know which ones I'm talking about because I remember them being really good and could do with some for brushing up on some subject knowledge.

2. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Probably Lett's - they won't of course be the same any more.
    P

3. You're better off getting a general chemistry book like E.N. Ramsden A-level chemistry rather than something syllabus specific. Syllabuses vary and you'd be better off getting something more general.

4. mm38

mm38 New commenter

Collins used to publish a revision guide for each of the 6 modules for NEAB course. They still do revision guides for the new AQA course with one per module. I think they are around £8 each now.

5. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I still have these. I don't use them anymore as they've been updated. Do you want me to find out their name or are you happy to follow the advice you've been given?

6. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

If you would marshy thanks

7. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Ok, I've sent oldest slave to fetch one for me...

NEAB Syllabus support materials
    CHO1 John Bentham - ISBN - 0-00-328000-4
    CHO2 Colin Chambers - ISBN - 0-00-328001-2
    CHO3 Graham Curtis - ISBN - 0-00-328002-0
    CHO4 Andrew Maczek - ISBN - 0-00-328003-9
    CHO5 David Nicholls - ISBN - 0-00-328004-7
    CHO6 Geoffrey Hallas.- ISBN - 0-00-328005-5
    They were by Collins and they have been updated a few times since. I've noticed that there were 3 others in the series (back then, they were published 1995). The whole series of nine had a ISBN of 0-00-328009-8.

Hope this helps.

8. mickymilan

mickymilan New commenter

Thankyou