1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OK, what have I done?! (IT help please!)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by alea, Jun 18, 2011.

1. My computer has stopped putting wiggly red and green lines under mis-spellings and grammar errors. I am still report writing and my fingers are not doing as they have been asked so a little flagging up would help!
    So what did I do?! [​IMG]

2. My computer has stopped putting wiggly red and green lines under mis-spellings and grammar errors. I am still report writing and my fingers are not doing as they have been asked so a little flagging up would help!
    So what did I do?! [​IMG]

3. Are you using Word? This link might help: http://blogmines.com/blog/2010/03/02/how-to-turn-on-the-automatic-spell-check-in-word-2010/

4. Thanks Snuggly, I'm using word 2003 and have used your link to find somethnig similiar for that. However, when I go to tools, options then spellnig /grammar it has the spelling and grammar checking highlighted as if it's doing it. I'm thinking I must have hit a wrong key?

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Perhaps your writing is perfect and you haven't made any mistakes?[​IMG]

Otherwise you can get it to do a manual check just to see.
    Have another look in tools, options and see that the other options are ok too - make sure you aren't hiding errors or something
    Sorry to be vague - am now on Office 2010 and it's all in different places now!

6. In MS <b class="highlight">[/b]Word go to Tools/Language/Set Language and look to see if "detect language automatically" is checked or unchecked.

7. It should be unchecked, by the way [​IMG]

8. Thanks CQ, it was checked and seems to make a difference now I've unchecked it!
    Giraffe, what a sweetie! (Alas your praise is not due[​IMG])

9. I thought that would be what it was [​IMG]

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

ooo, you clever thing!
    i'm going to remember that tip too

11. I only know it because I write in several languages.