1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OK, so I'm a luddite.... iPads in the classroom?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by rustybug, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Tandy

Tandy New commenter

Hi, Liz.

Beluga is not yet available. We are delaying launch for a short while - it should go live in early September.

The app that you have seen in the app store was an old test app that we built a while back to test the technology. It is nothing like the maths learning world that we have now built, which I have previewed at a few conferences lately.

I'll let everyone know when the app is available. It will be entirely free and will cover the entire maths curriculum from the very basics of understanding what a number is, sorting, counting, etc... through to mid level calculus.

I have written a few blogs about it on our site to describe what we are doing.

2. Can't wait to see the materials Tandy, it all sounds very exciting.

3. lizlucy

lizlucy New commenter

Thanks for the information Tandy
    I look forward to getting it when you launch in September.
    Have just been given an Ipad by school as they are hoping that we will all use them with year 7 next year so Beluga sounds like it will be very useful.

4. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

So how do you plan to cover costs ? Or do you simply have a very generous benefactor ?