1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OK, all you rappers out there

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Jan 26, 2011.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blazer in Da house!

I am trying to locate a rap instrumental for my class to sing along to. The track is used as the background here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_FFBFcN7eY

The rapper says it is the 'Independent' track but I can't find or identify a torrent for it.

Can anyone help please?

ta

MC Blazer

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Blazer in Da house!

I am trying to locate a rap instrumental for my class to sing along to. The track is used as the background here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_FFBFcN7eY

The rapper says it is the 'Independent' track but I can't find or identify a torrent for it.

Can anyone help please?

ta

MC Blazer

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Yo MC Elfie in da Houze!

If you use zamzar to download the clip, you can set it to download as an MP3 so will just get the music not the video. http://www.zamzar.com/

4. Found it for you - available on a well-known fruit based music store for 79p.
    Independent (made Famous by Webbie feat. Lil' Phat & Lil' Boosie) by
    Instrumental Hip Hop Beat Makers from an album called Instrumental Hip
    Hop Beats.
    Do I get a prize?

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Thanks Elfie. Shazgo has pm'd me with a source. I need to tune without the words so my yr 8s can do the rap on top.

6. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Yo blazer m'man, rappin' MC msb in da house.

I'm thinkin' maybe da smart ass homie in da YouTube video done composed d'instrumental hisself y'all hear what I'm sayin' B?

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

This is the blurb from below the vid

My student (Rocky) and I wrote a song about rocks after school with the INDEPENDENT track on the background...
    I hope my students can learn from this video. Enjoy

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Thanks,

Got the track as an instrumental

9. Result! Have you had the lesson where they rap over it yet? If so, how did it go?
    BTW - I am not a rapper by any stretch of the imagination, but a few seconds on google and itunes was much more fun than the AS questions I am currently marking!

10. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Not yet.

They have spent the last two lessons making the props for the show. 'Layers of sediment', 'boulders' of different rocks, a cardboard volcano, key vocabulary etc. Then next week we are going to work on the timing and choreography to show the correct props and the right time in the rap and also work on putting some actions to the words as well. I reckon another 2 or 3 lessons before it is performable. This is with bottom set yr 8.