1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh :(

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kettle1, Jan 5, 2011.

1. kettle1

kettle1 New commenter

I applied for the flexible route as I have 3 children and a disabled husband. I have an interview on Jan 24th - had the letter last November. I had an e mail in December to say that all offers would be conditional until the funding plans were announced. That was expected.
    Yesterday I had an email from the GTTR to say that there had been a change on my application page. When I logged on my flexible route option had disappeared and, when I queried it with the university I was told that all places on the flexible option had been filled already. They only have full time uni-based places available. I can interview for this if I want but they are going fast.
    Seems a bit unfair that they have made their offers without interviewing all the candidates they had planned to interview.
    Has anybody else had a similar experience?

2. kettle1

kettle1 New commenter

I applied for the flexible route as I have 3 children and a disabled husband. I have an interview on Jan 24th - had the letter last November. I had an e mail in December to say that all offers would be conditional until the funding plans were announced. That was expected.
    Yesterday I had an email from the GTTR to say that there had been a change on my application page. When I logged on my flexible route option had disappeared and, when I queried it with the university I was told that all places on the flexible option had been filled already. They only have full time uni-based places available. I can interview for this if I want but they are going fast.
    Seems a bit unfair that they have made their offers without interviewing all the candidates they had planned to interview.
    Has anybody else had a similar experience?

3. Hi Kettle, in my experience this is common practice with ITT courses.

4. Not the first time I've heard a story like this too. :(