1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Oh, you'll chnage' - NO! Actually, I bloody well won't!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Emmsy Squired, May 13, 2007.

1. I'm so sick of ppl telling me that I'll change my mind about having kids! NO I won't.
    Don't want em, never wanted, the thought of ever wanting them sickens me!
    I wake up after dreaming i'm pregnant and it terrrifies me.
    Crying, ****ty nappies, 18 yrs of dependence, **** house, no money - NO thanks!!!

And STOP telling me I'll change in the ******* patronising, know it all way!!!!!!!!

argghhh

done!
    X

2. I'm so sick of ppl telling me that I'll change my mind about having kids! NO I won't.
    Don't want em, never wanted, the thought of ever wanting them sickens me!
    I wake up after dreaming i'm pregnant and it terrrifies me.
    Crying, ****ty nappies, 18 yrs of dependence, **** house, no money - NO thanks!!!

And STOP telling me I'll change in the ******* patronising, know it all way!!!!!!!!

argghhh

done!
    X

3. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Occasional commenter

4. and if anyone picks up on the spelling errors I'll scream!

5. You bloody well won't change your mind!

6. I am the same. I have no maternal feelings whatsoever and no it doesn't make me less of a teacher because of that!!

I have six neices and nephews and am a dedicated aunt. I think it makes sense thatb out of the three of us one, me, should not have the desire for children otherwise there would be loads of them and birthdays and Christmas would be a nightmare instead of slightly financially crippling as they are at present.

At the mo my OH has no real desire for children either but should that change then we will have to have a serious discussion!

7. good for you. Some people just dont

I was desperate to have them myself - but then I had to learn the hard way that its not the easiest role to take on.

Some dear friends decided not too - and have had a very happy fullfilled life

8. Me too but god I would be rich if I had a quid for every time someone told me the same thing!!!! What other damn decision in my life would people question like this!!!!!! xxx

9. Well, that's OK.

10. I didn't want them. Really couldn't see myself with them.

Then it all changed. Would love a child. Have been through hell because of it.

Not saying that you'll definitely change your mind - just warning you that your body might suddenly over-ride your mind like mine did! It does happen!

11. Aahh, emmsy, welcome to the CF club!!!

Have you done any googling for child-free forums (fora?) A very good one is

http://p103.ezboard.com/bchildfreelivinguk

or just google Childfree Living UK.

A very friendly bunch of like-minded childfree men and women. Some are single, some in relationships from all parts of the country, and all frustrated by the actions of their friends and family in trying to encourage them into the "Parent Trap"!!

Also, have you read, "Childfree and Loving It" by Nicky DeFargo.

I read it earlier in the year, and I could almost have written int myself.

One of the things that annoy me the most is when people assume that because I am a teacher, I must automatically love kids so much that I want a horde of them running around my feet when I get home from work. I very patiently explain that there is surely no comparison between me seeing 5 different groups of 25-30 kids for an hour each and being a parent with ultimate responsibility for a child or 3, 24/7!!

By the way, I'm 31, and so is my husband.

Stedders

12. Please do not get offended but I think that it is unusual to be in a loving relationship and not to want children at some point maybe in the long away future. But I realize that not everybody is the same. For instance some people might think I am a bit "funny" because I don't like dogs or cats as pets, but it is just the way I am.

13. I was exactly the same I never had maternal feelings, hated it when people would coo over babies saying how cute they were imo all babies are ugly. I thought that prams and buggies should be banned from shopping centres. For first five years of my marriage people kept telling us we would change our mind about wanting babies, we were even called selfish when we said that we enjoyed two foreign holidays a year and new cars. Then we did and would never change our daughter for the world. Incidently I still think all babies are ugly and that all prams should be banned on a saturday from public places and still have no urges to coo at other peoples babies.

14. personally i believe that you can never say never to anything

we can never predict what life might throw at us

15. but i also don't believe that anyone is weird/selfish or all the other things that get said because they decide they don't want kids

16. "it is unusual to be in a loving relationship and not to want children"

moonlight, could you explain why please?

17. What terrifies me most is that one day I'll want them - the thought of ever wanting them i find petrifying - i don't know why!

Moonlight - cant me and OH have a loving relationship without kids?

I'm thinking of becoming a batty dog woman - lots of tweed, on land rover, 5 large, rowdy dogs!

18. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I used to say that I didn't want to have kids, and now i'm pretty sure that I do. I'm 29 and have been with my boyfriend just over 4 years.

We will probably start trying maybe the end of next year. We plan to get married first.

I do enjoy having my freedom now, and having money to myself! I will have to get rid of my convertible when I have a baby. That will be a sad moment!

19. Emmsy, I am actually diagnosed as pregnancy phobic by my doctor! xx

20. beckylou - FAB! can you get benefits for that?!?