1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh, what a surprise - you may be jealous...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon468, Feb 13, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Wow - that's a menu and a half!
    Yes. I am very jealous.

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Me too!!

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I've always maintained that cooking with the equipment at home is an entirely different experience than doing it in a professional kitchen with all the right gear. I'm envious.
    Here, I've discovered, yet again, the biggest problem I face is one of space and the wrong sort of work surfaces, ones you can't take something out of the oven and put the dish on. Added to that, I find myself tripping over the dog and my wife choosing to do the washing up in small doses before it amounts to a crisis which leads to the draing board being unavailable to lay hot pans on.
    But I digress again...
    I'm intrigued to lean what a beef involentini is. How did you cook it? How long did it all take?

4. impis

impis New commenter

How many 'slimming world' sins would that be then?

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've got a recipe given to me by an Italian student somewhere, but I'll have a quick look. Basically it's a round of beef or veal, beaten flat, then stuffed, usually parma or prosciutto ham with cheese, rolled up, fried off and served in a tomato sauce.

6. ^^ what she said. It is basically just a roulade (involtini sounds ever so posh, doesn't it?).
    It really was an amazing experience (well, we tried to forget that we were supposed to be actually doing a "team building experience" thingie) to cook with proper equipment, to have everything where it needs to be and to not run out of space! And wearing proper attire as well.
    We quickly fried to seal (not in a frying pan - ho ha, that was a thrill - it was a big huge whatever you call them where you can get about 40 on at a time) and then finished off in the (huge) oven.
    And I don't want to even think of the calories the whole menu had - we were literally using litres of cream, schmand, wine and mounds of butter [​IMG]