1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh no!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Ange_mmm, Mar 2, 2012.

1. LO is 18 months and fab, I'm really enjoying him at the moment. My husband and I had thought about ttc around about now, however when it came round to it I decided that I wasn't ready, having suffered PND with my son and wanted to return to work having given up my previous post to care for DS.
    Here we are 2 months later and who'd have thought it, now I have started work just 2 days a week and I'm really enjoying it but now I am so broody every time I see a new baby I want to run off with it (not really, but tempting [​IMG] )
    I keep dreaming that I'm pregnant as well which is very distracting!
    I looked after my 7 week old niece yesterday for a couple of hours and it was so lovely to remember what a little baby is like.
    Husband has now completely gone off the idea of another one and I can't say I blame him, I wasn't much fun between LO being 6 and 14 months old, I think he's enjoying having the old me back finally. I can think of lots of reasons to wait a year or two but my stupid hormones think otherwise!
    Does anyone know any really naughty babies I can visit to put me off please?

2. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

3. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Oops- wriggly LO hit enter. I have the same issue, LO is nearly 15 months and I don't have a clue when to TTC number 2- keep changing my mind every 5 minutes. There's so much to consider with work, mat leave, finances, size of house, LO's reaction to it, will I need a double buggy, willl the next one be a difficult baby etc... it took us a year to conceive our LO but could have been much longer due to fertility probs so next time it could happen straight away or not for ages.
    I'm sure lots of other mums have this dilemma too so you're not alone! x

4. I've been really broody for months and months. My lo is 2 on Thursday and really not a baby any more, she's walking and talking and getting into all sorts of trouble. She is only just starting to sleep through the night and dp is starting to get used to more sleep again. He doesn't want another baby. He is looking forward to the reduction in childcare costs when she turns 3, and a bit more disposable income. So no ttc for us [​IMG]
    Bit of a shock when I got a bfp last week then. I am over the moon, he is devastated. I would really recommend waiting til the time is right for both of you, as accidents are rather stressful. (We had fertility issues concieving dd2, so didn't think we'd ever have an accident)

5. Jo - congrats!!!! Although I get it that it's a mixed feeling if oh isn't totally there yet. My oh needs some convincing .. Not sure it would ever be 100 per cent go ahead but Que sera

6. I could give you some naughty baby stories but not enough to put you off. I had pnd after my first and (fingers crossed LO2 is now 7 weeks) I am OK so far. I knew more what to expect, it was less of an adjustment, days when LO1 is not in nursery make it more interesting, time passes quicker, I did a few things differently to avoid triggers. Things really are different this time I think.

7. Congratulations jodidi. you're OH will come round. Our first was not planned and OH was in shock for a while but he soon adjusted and is a doting dad.
    Brettgirl2 I'm glad things are going well with your new baby. PND is awful and I think a lot of me wanting another baby is perhaps craving a better experience. A lot of my LOs younger months are a blur to me now and it makes me sad that his first year wasn't as happy a time as I had hoped.

8. blueone

blueone New commenter

Yes me too. I had quite bad PND with my LO and spent most of the first year of his life stressed and anxious. I looked at my friends who seem to enjoy and cope with motherhood and it made me wonder how? My lo is now 17 months and an absolute joy, if not very naughty! I feel so lucky to have him and i regret the way i felt when he was first born. im not yet fully recovered, still on ADs but feel a million percent better then i did a year ago. Im now also thinking of LO number 2 but Im thinking more of trying at the end of the year, early next year so LO number 1 will be or nearing 3. I too have similar issue to others that post, financial worries about a new baby, a 2 bedroomed house, and wondering about a double buggy etc.. I understand that you now feel broody because i feel exactly the same and i actually wish i was now pregnant, even though i didnt like pregnancy and had a bad time afterward. I think you may feel like this because your LO is bringing you so much joy now and you can appreciate the happiness that a new LO would bring, whereas when you're new to it you dont know what to expect and how you will feel. When you spent the time worrying the baby wasnt in a 'routine' etc.. you would know it would actually be alright and you will survive. I hope whatever happens you make the right choice for you and your family, but you're not alone in your feelings :) GOod luck xx