1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh no, I've gained loads of weight already!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by autumnleaf2, Dec 22, 2010.

1. autumnleaf2

autumnleaf2 New commenter

Has anyone else put on weight? I'm worried as the festive season isn't even over yet!

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I've been putting on weight all year no point in stopping now!
    I'll start worrying out it in January.
    Just off to set salted peanuts and smashed up crunchie bar in chocolate as Christmas presents. That way my friends will all be bigger too!

3. I have managed to lose a stone and a half over the last year or so. I am very proud of myself but for the last two weeks I have eaten nothing but rubbish food. I have skived off Slimming World twice now and can 100% guarantee that I've put weight on!! BUT it is the season to be merry and I don't really care! Plenty of time in January to start eating healthily and get those few extra pounds off! I think it's a good idea to carry a few extra pounds in this cold weather anyway! ;-) xxx

4. Me too! Have realised that my job is actually more active than I thought and by tearing around school all day (coupled with what I teach :)), I burn more calories than I realise.
    Sat on the couch for pretty much the past 3 days (I have left the house and done stuff!) has meant the I have a sore back, an inordinate amount of sugar consumption and thighs and tummy feeling excessive. However, until today, it has been too icy to even try and go for a walk, let alone a run.
    Today, I WILL go for a walk. I have some podcasts to listen to and will not return until they are done!

5. I have managed to lose a stone and a half over the last year or so. I am very proud of myself but for the last two weeks I have eaten nothing but rubbish food. I have skived off Slimming World twice now and can 100% guarantee that I've put weight on!! BUT it is the season to be merry and I don't really care! Plenty of time in January to start eating healthily and get those few extra pounds off! I think it's a good idea to carry a few extra pounds in this cold weather anyway! ;-) xxx

6. Er... sorry posted twice there! Stupid TES!! xxx

7. Oh that's good. I thought it was 3 stone and I was dead p.issed off with you. I lost a couple of pounds last week and have not put it all on, plus. I do agree that there is no point worrying, get it all over and done with then start again in the new year.

8. LOL xxx

9. I've put on 5lb in a couple of weeks although my period is due! I am going to lose a 19lb by September for my son's wedding and know I can do it because I've done it twice before. This time though I am going to couple it with thrice-weekly trips to the gym so that I look less like a bin liner of rice pudding,
    Starting last week of January.

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

If I ate nothing but rubbish food I'd have terrible heartburn and constipation. Doesn't your body tell you to stop?
    Sorry, but I don't understand not eating anything but rubbish food for two weeks. I like food too much.

11. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I ate more pastry yesterday than for the whole of the previous year. Shortly off to lunch at the pub. Well you've got to be sociable haven't you!

12. I don't think I ate any vegetable matter yesterday and do feel a bit bleugh becasue of it. Have just made a beef casserole and squash and sweet potato soup to get my veggie levels back up.
    I haven't eaten well for the last three weeks for various reasons and do feel sluggish because of it. Having said that once Christmas is out of the way I'm back on the diet and eating better again. No point worrying over the next week is there?

13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Congratulations!
    One of the downsides of my iron constitution. I can eat total junk for ages with no significant ill effect. I might feel a bit sluggish but nothing worse.
    I do. I like all food but my favourite things tend towards the unhealthy end of the spectrum!

14. autumnleaf2

Wow well done victoria plum. I've also lost 2 stone this year and I'm worried about gaining it.
    You don't have to eat rubbish food though, I've had things like mince pies, quality streets and lots of turkey meals out very nice but not great for your clothes. Then there's wine!

15. Mince pies and quality streets are rubbish foods though. Full of saturated fats.
    I tend to either maintain or lose a bit of weight over christmas as I have so much more time to get out exercising. Not looking forward to what will happen to the body this year due to the fact that I can barely move!

16. autumnleaf2

Yeah but they taste good!

17. I'd recommend a good dose of flu. Haven't eaten anything for 3 days, and due to stress/lack of time had very little for the 10 days prior to that. Haven't weighed myself, but the fact everything is hanging off me tells me I've lost weight.
    If I get my appetite back by the end of the week, surely I'm allowed to gorge on anything and everything? Just a pity I've got to shop for it and make it first....

18. catmother

catmother Star commenter

We've just finished school today,so as far as I'm concerned,the festive season has just started!

19. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I lost a couple of stone this year, but now im pregnant so have probably put it all back on! I'm trying not to use it as an excuse to stuff my face this xmas! I managed to restrain myself in Sainsburys yesterday and just buy some biscuits and no other 'bad' food. My husband is going to make some mince pies though. I like to tell myself they're healthier if they're home made [​IMG]
    Back to the gym in Jan methinks.....

20. Not yet it isn't so I'll keep it up for now!! Just about to have a nice tuna sandwich - followed by a piece of Christmas cake and some Wensleydale with cranberries!! LOL xxx