1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh. My. God.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I just found a Mars Bar in my desk. Yasssssssssssss

2. This thread better get five stars or there'll be hell to pay.

3. I found a pound in my bed this morning!

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Mars bars are definitely not what they used to be. The chocolate was much thicker when I was a child.

5. You can buy a Mars Bar with it. :)

6. That's because your mouth was smaller.

7. Great. I was wondering how to celebrate!

8. I find that very hard to believe!

The best I can do is Weight Watchers' dessert yoghurts. There is NO chocolate in this house. Not a morsel.
    One does not "find" mars bars...one deliberately buys them and planks them where no-one else will find them.

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

Did MM's friend come and visit you as well!?

10. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Like this?
    [​IMG]

11. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

ewwwwwwwwwwww..... how long has it been there? It's not all green and fluffy, is it?

12. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

There is no food content in a Mars Bar so why would it be green and fluffy?

13. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Yaay. I've just found a Mars Bar 4 pack ... which I bought today (Scotmid, 99p)/knew was there all along/ was hiding from Mr Tarte. *blush*
    I swear I could eat the 4 pack in one sitting. My appetite for junk food is something that I have to rigorously control - some times more successfully than others!
    Question is, CK, how are you going to eat it? Bite round the chocolate on the sides and then top off (like me)? Or eat like a normal person would? [​IMG]

14. I was on a night flight somewhere and ordered a hot chocolate and a Mars bar? What did I do? I dunked it in the hot chocolate - BEST IDEA EVER!!
    Now, the evil looks I was getting is probably because they were jealous. I would've been too.

15. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Patchi, try biting off both ends of a Twirl bar and sucking the hot choc through it. Hey presto, a melting chocolate straw!
    In fairness, I haven't done that one since my student days!

16. Interesting idea - I see an experiment happening in the next few days :D
    THANK YOU!

17. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I did that once. I swallowed a fiver and the doc said to call him if there was any change!

Bum Bum

18. Sorry, biologist kicked in. Every starving human in the world would survive the week if they had access to a Mars Bars tonight.

19. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Not now you've scoffed it all, there isn't.

20. Sometimes, my father would bring home quite large boxes of Mars or other choc bars, made by the same company. Apparently there was someone he worked with who could 'get hold of them', as they were old stock. When you opened the, then still paper, wrapper the wavy lines on top of the bars had gone powdery and were a sort of browny-white colour. To me, this made them much better than ones you got from the shop: they were more chewy (specially the caramal bottom layer) and tasted more cocoa-ey.