1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh ma Goad!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Yass!!! Another talent show starts tonight (Who is the next Jesuschristsuperstar?? Tell us Andrew, TELL USS!!!)
    I bloody can't get enough of these shows right now. Apart from Britain's Got Talent, I hate that show.
    And before the Haters cast doubts on my intelligence for watching this sh*t I apologise for nothing, so don't waste your energy, suckers.

2. Yass!!! Another talent show starts tonight (Who is the next Jesuschristsuperstar?? Tell us Andrew, TELL USS!!!)
    I bloody can't get enough of these shows right now. Apart from Britain's Got Talent, I hate that show.
    And before the Haters cast doubts on my intelligence for watching this sh*t I apologise for nothing, so don't waste your energy, suckers.

3. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Have you totally lost it?!!!!
    I had you down as a straight-talking and choosy kind of person and now I find you watch mindless entertainment.
    signed,
    A Hater xx

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Thanks for the reminder I have set it up to record.
    I love this stuff!

5. @ A. Hater - even socially, emotionally and aesthetically superior types (ie. me) can have dodgy tastes in tv programmes. Woody Allan was a huge fan of The Gong Show. I also watch loads of BBC4 - does that cancel out the other stuff??
    Bombay - attagirl.

6. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I'm only allowed to watch strictly. S'not fair...
    Mind you, we do all like total wipeout. Does that count?

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'm not bothered about the taste in tv (well, only a little bit), it's the use of the word 'yass' that I find deplorable [​IMG]
    You've been hingin' oot in Primark agin, hevven't ye?

8. Not if it's not a talent show. Sorry.

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

So let's check the listings......
    BBC1...Indiana Jones (Sadly not the one with the delectable Mr Connery....and I have them all on DVD anyway)
    BBC2 Wimbledon (Not my thing....I won't even watch the Mens' FInal ....I just don't 'get' tennis)
    C4...News followed by repeat of River Cottage)
    C5....Cricket followed by repeat of NCIS (Actually the cricket ....might watch a bit of that!)

Freeview/FreeSat....pretty much assorted repeats

ITV1....Superstar!!!!! .....This is gonna be good!....how many hopefuls will turn up with long flowing hair?...will anyone dare to try a beard?...will there *gasp* be a non-white hopeful?...will there be anyone who can actually sing...really sing!...
    I do hope we get a glimpse of the other stars of the show...Tim Minchin is going to be awesome as Judas!
    I spend all my time being intellectual and highbrow and cultured (well....mostly....sometimes....).....this is my chance to throw off those shackles and just enjoy some mindless TV.
    Yes, it's all rigged...and yes, the winner has already been chosen...but it is going to be fun!

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG] That's debatable.

11. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yass!

12. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

I'm really getting worried about you, coffee

Yours a FluffyLol *hugs*

13. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Alternatively, Coffee, hun, are you feeling alright?

14. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

"Mindless TV"? Whoop Whoop!
    I quite enjoy these shows. My only issue is that I have to try to remember each episode and often forget after a couple of weeks.
    I don't watch soaps though so hope that this makes up for my poor taste in TV.

15. I'm seriously hoping for some tears. And tantrums. I see one of The Voice rejects is on...

16. I see Mel C's had 'work' done...

17. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Jason too methinks!

Love Andy's reaction to the guy who rewrote his music

18. Chap from G4 being a bit of a jerk...

19. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

But he could sing!....and act!....but a thoroughly unprofessional attitude!

20. Yes, a bit off-putting.