1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh, it makes me cross.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Mar 9, 2011.

1. What a donkey.
    I would certainly get it taken out of your PM targets and signed by the donkey who has put a stop to it, so that later it is not looked on as you not meeting the target (had me fingers burnt? me? you bet).
    And even if it is no longer compulsory, why does it mean it will no longer be used? I don't get that bit???

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Because now that it's not compulsory it's deemed as an unnecessary expense. Oh well, the only way is up, right?

3. ah, I see.
    Poor kids (poor you as well, but a right bummer for the kids - I would tell the donkey that!)

4. This is your boss (apologies to all real, lovely donkeys).
    [​IMG]

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

As VLE person for my school, my PM targets include usage figures - now that LA have pulled the plug and we have to find an alternative, it is morally difficult to encourage colleagues to add to the existing VLE!

6. Makes a mockery of SMART, doesn't it?
    As you will know, I am not teaching, so I have a bit more room to manoevre. I have always insisted (having been bitten on the bum moons ago) that any targets agreed upon are not dependent on others - or if they require a degree of interaction with others and the decisions they make, that that is written into my yearly target sheet, with the option to dismiss the target if others make it impossible for me to reach it.
    And I will not sign unless that is there in writing.

7. Why not try Moodle?
    Doesn't really help with your immediate (well justified) cause to rant, but it seems a shame to waste the children's enthusiasm.

8. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

CQ - you're absolutely right, he is a total donkey. I used a ruder word [​IMG] Great picture!
    jazz2 - that's a great idea, I hadn't thought of that. I think I'll suggest it and see what happens.