1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh dear....

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Nellyfuf2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter

I have hovered on this forum for a week or so... my very own book (everyone can write a book, it's allowed) is going to be available on Amazon for 99p on Sunday for a fortnight. Ebook I mean. Print versions are sitting in my hallway waiting for a space to become available under my bed......
    I would love if someone could review it. Sure, it's a hand knit book. Written on Libre cos I can't afford a decent Word package. (Retired).
    It is about a family in the villlages around Leeds that set up a mill and got a bit rich. It is local history with a bit of romantic, tasteful, er well, you know.
    I like to think of it as the Wortley Poldark.
    My protagonist is a bit aspergers. But the heroine can see his potential.
    It is certainly a steamy novel. It stars a Boulton and Watt steam engine.......
    To take the narrative to the end would lead to the historian C.V. Wedgwood and other writers...
    Sorry.
    Stop saying sorry.
    Sorry, I can't help it.
    Oh bother.
    Sun and Planet Wheel
    First book of the Last of the Maister Saga.
    Phew.
    Need a lie down now.

2. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter

Oh poo.
    Last of the Maisters Saga. Plural.
    Sigh.