1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oh dear....

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Nellyfuf2, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter

I have hovered on this forum for a week or so... my very own book (everyone can write a book, it's allowed) is going to be available on Amazon for 99p on Sunday for a fortnight. Ebook I mean. Print versions are sitting in my hallway waiting for a space to become available under my bed......
    I would love if someone could review it. Sure, it's a hand knit book. Written on Libre cos I can't afford a decent Word package. (Retired).
    It is about a family in the villlages around Leeds that set up a mill and got a bit rich. It is local history with a bit of romantic, tasteful, er well, you know.
    I like to think of it as the Wortley Poldark.
    My protagonist is a bit aspergers. But the heroine can see his potential.
    It is certainly a steamy novel. It stars a Boulton and Watt steam engine.......
    To take the narrative to the end would lead to the historian C.V. Wedgwood and other writers...
    Sorry.
    Stop saying sorry.
    Sorry, I can't help it.
    Oh bother.
    Sun and Planet Wheel
    First book of the Last of the Maister Saga.
    Phew.
    Need a lie down now.

Jamvic likes this.
  2. Nellyfuf2

Oh poo.
    Last of the Maisters Saga. Plural.
    Sigh.

3. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

is this the title?

edit: it’s okay I’ve found it.

Nellyfuf2 likes this.
  4. Nellyfuf2

Point being it is on promo so is 99p for the rest of this week. Message me if you would like more details.

Jamvic likes this.
  5. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

I’ve bought it and will definitely read it as soon as I’ve finished the book I’m currently reading. It must feel so amazing to have a story out there that you created from scratch. You should let people know on Personal that it’s currently available to buy for 99p, I’m sure loads would buy it and add to your review profile.

6. Nellyfuf2

I did so do a few days since. But the thing is to sell to total strangers! Otherwise it feels awkward.

7. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Not awkward at all. Every new author has to start the PR ball rolling somewhere, why not here where you have a lot of supportive online friends. As you build up a few reviews on Amazon you will attract more strangers to have a look too. I’m sure it will be a success. :)