1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mms1, Jan 28, 2020.

1. mms1

mms1 Occasional commenter

Hi all,

I'm expecting an OFSTED sometime this year as it's 4 years since our last inspection. Can anyone recommend a pre-inspection list of things to have in place? This will be my first inspection so any advice regarding inspections under the new framework would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

3. otters258

otters258 New commenter

It is also nearly four years since our last visit so we are in the Ofsted window. Every framework is different, and we have prepared for a fair few, but none more so than this one. In addition to all the “normal” preparations this time we have spent some time getting ready for the 90 minute phone call. Using questions from The Key and NAHT the Head now has a crib sheet that he can use to jog his thoughts when speaking. As he always says once you get the initial call it is hard to remember your own name let alone the finer points about your curriculum!! Have a think about whether you want the call to be on speaker phone. We will so that the deputies can prompt if needed. Finally I think the best thing to read regularly is other Ofsted reports. Don’t bother with the early ones as they just too depressing but ones published since Christmas are worth a look and give you an idea of how the inspection framework is developing on the ground.