1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED Wellbeing survey

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cornflake, Dec 2, 2018.

1. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

sbkrobson likes this.
  2. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

I did exactly that but if I get in trouble I’ll just claim I didn’t have my reading glasses on.

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

There was a school with a vaguely similar name to mine ( St Something or other) so I just signed up to that.

If OFSTED organise a survey like a dog's breakfast, what do they expect!

1 person likes this.
  4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

But this is amusing, no?
    OFSTED have tweeted not long ago. (My red)

"We're sorry the original tweet suggested the survey was open to all. It isn't, for the reason that we wouldn't be able to process all the responses if it were. Our survey of 1,000 schools - contacted at random to minimise bias - will give us a representative sample.

3:10 AM - 2 Dec 2018"

Oooooooh yes it is!

Now-how will they process the sixteen thousand responses they get for each of the thousand schools?Hmmm.

I predict a flurried red faced backpedal behind the scenes and a muted retraction of the survey within the next 48 hours...

5. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

I started completing it and was very negative. However I then thought that this was not fair on the school selected so I abandoned it.

Why oh why do you need to choose a school? Surely just the Key Stage would be enough.

peakster and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

It's not just the selection of schools that's dodgy. Some staff at those selected schools claim they weren't informed of the survey. So what is Ofsted doing? Sending the survey link to SMT and allowing them to choose which teachers are invited to participate?
    Sloppy (or deceitful and manipulative) work from Ofsted.

1 person likes this.
  7. cornflake

Any chance of TES doing a follow up on this? Can't see any OFSTED responses to the debacle on twitter...

1 person likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Had a colleague* threatened with disciplinary today because ''OFSTED won't like your exercise books. Your comments need to be much more detailed''...

Maybe I should tweet at OFSTED and ask them...

*yes it really was a colleague. That isn't code.

9. cornflake

In general they seem to ignore any tweet that isn't saying how wonderful an inspection was...