1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted tomorrow - I think I may cry!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LittleBrownBear, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Put your DVDs on? My goodness, we have had a directive informing us that no DVDs, wordsearches or other Christmas based activities be used until the very last day. The programmes of study must be followed until that point. No student may wear tinsel or in any way adorn their uniform until the very last day!

2. She must have been a teacher - after a long day at school, all you want is for someone to cook dinner - no energy for anything else (unless, of course, you have already planned your starter activity, your main activity, and your plenary, and are prepared to evaluate your performance afterwards)

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

would this do for a plan

starter...large hugs and kisses and maybe your bath run and you to relax withor without company
    main..a nice meal with more wine all cooked for you
    plenary to bed ,hugs ,kisses and a few hours of attention to you and your needs with lots of sex
    evaluation, more wine and hugs and idle chat...discuss what you like best in loving and then repeat it to make sure that was the best bit to include again?
    Any use?

4. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

I'm sorry, but where is your assessment for learning in all that? And have you differentiated to three levels of ability? I think not. Back to your planning, Mr man...

5. *LOL* Fantastic Henrietttawasp!

And I suppose, to get back to the topic thread - will the Ofsted Inspector be watching throughout?

6. oldsomeman

well in answer to your question differentiation is according to ability
    the cooking will be someithing you all have to do as its core to the learnig process
    love making is according to your skill and stamina .for the poor learners there is guided introduction and a one to one support in understanding and experiencing.
    for the middle its more a heres the plan now investigate..being able to adapt to their learning and to ongoing experinces....with an aim of becoming more confident in what they want and understand
    tops wil be allowed to go into investigation mode....working in pairs to discover the deeper intensities of learning and sorting out and problem solbving of angles and balance
    If the ofsted inspector call i dont care,,,as long as they dont hold up placards with numbers on lol
    mind you one can always ask them to participate and so experience first hand what they are learning.

7. Absolutely love it Oldsomeman [​IMG]

8. oldsomeman

thanks...........of course it might be the enjoyment is the totally result of the learning....but ithink learning should be fun

9. Ah! the old "differentiation by outcome" argument....
    But how can one measure the success of the learning? What are the performance indicators? How can it be included in League tables?

10. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i'm worried about my value added scores...

11. oldsomeman

wel depends if you measure outcomes or learning
    sucess would be the faces aglow and the look of contendeness....maybe even the faint purring of delight? A willing nes to try it again would show enjoyment and that if they able to repeat the operations with confidence then learning has occoured
    leauge tables are abitary.....but if they go out and tel all their friend one assumes the lessons must be a success! lol