1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted - today and tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by analouise50, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I work in a first school and can you believe on Thursday last week we got the dreaded call!! (It was our performance day!) Anyway in they came this morning and although a dreadful time of year and having to delay christmas for the children (party's) etc it hasn't been too bad. I had a great Lit lesson this morning kept it speaking and listening and based around Santa, as I was worried the kids may not produce as they are 8 and tired!

Tomorrow is another day and although I think if they do come to observe me it will be in maths, I would quite like to plan something Christmasy. Has anybody got any nice Christmas Literacy ideas for year 3

All help appreciated x

2. I work in a first school and can you believe on Thursday last week we got the dreaded call!! (It was our performance day!) Anyway in they came this morning and although a dreadful time of year and having to delay christmas for the children (party's) etc it hasn't been too bad. I had a great Lit lesson this morning kept it speaking and listening and based around Santa, as I was worried the kids may not produce as they are 8 and tired!

Tomorrow is another day and although I think if they do come to observe me it will be in maths, I would quite like to plan something Christmasy. Has anybody got any nice Christmas Literacy ideas for year 3

All help appreciated x

3. Maybe designing a christmas word search. Or a shape poem to do with Christmas. Or they choose a poem (acrostic/shape/rhyming etc) and put together a collection of christmas poems to give to the year 2 class? sorry - its too late for me to be too creative but hope this might help. I teach year 3 as well and my class love doing things for the lower classes.

4. tonymillar

tonymillar New commenter

5. I had OFSTED a week or so ago and I did a lesson on multiplication using 'stamps on our Christmas letters/parcels' as the context. Children had to choose certain amounts of 2, 3, 4, 5, 10p stamps (could be other amounts for Y3, mine are Y2) and work out/record as a multiplication.

6. oldsizenines

oldsizenines New commenter

Have you tried Primary Resources - search Christmas Maths?
    I got some really nice sheets about Christmas budgeting and things from there...