1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ofsted questionnaire

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by agidea, Jan 18, 2012.

1. We are due an inspection any time. We have been asked to complete the questionnaire now so 'there are no surprises'. Has there been a precedent and should this be reported?

2. Marshall

Marshall Established commenter

Are yiu a parent? There is no questionnaire for staff that OFSTED ask for. Who will you report it to?

3. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

So what was the one I completed last week called Ofsted Inspection questionnaite for school staff?

4. We were given a questionnaire when we had ofsted. We were given it on the second and last day and told to have it completed before lunch, despite teaching non-stop. It also said to put it in the envelope provided and seal it. However, there was no envelope and the deputy head came round to collect them. I was too scared to put the truth, I need the job, so I didn't fill it in at all. FARCE....

5. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I would say that any school running a mock Ofsted 'questionaire' for staff is perhaps being proactive to ensure anything staff are concerned about is raised prior to the event - though it should be made clear that senior staff will read it with a view with being proactive on comments rather than dispariaging.
    Ofsted do require staff questionaires to be completed. This is not compulsory, so there should be no issue with tick box answers and short comments with a full timetable. Completed questionaires should be sealed in an envelope (what? you can't find yourself one?) and placed for the attention of the lead inspector to review. No staff member should feel they cannot write true relfections and responses - but indeed at the same time, any pressing issues should have been raised with the head teacher prior to in order for them to be addressed - why would any staff member want to jepordise a judgement or show their school up in a bad light. We are many parts of the same being after all.

6. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

The Ofsted Staff questionnaire is a new document introduced in the 2012 Framework, so they've only started using it this month. It wasn't used before this term. Form is available for anyone to download
    http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/inspection-questionnaire-for-school-staff
    Schools often used the Ofsted parents questionniare to do their own surveys of parents views before Ofsted came so I can't think why they shouldn't do the same with staff. I'm not sure why you'd want to report it to anyone. What is there to report?

7. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm also wondering who you were thinking of reporting to.
    Given how often some staff moan in secret and then never bother bringing their complaints to the attention of anyone who might be able to do something about it, I think the head is very wise to give his/her staff the opportunity to let him/her know what they feel disgruntled about. Then they might feasibly be able to do something about it before someone - thinking they're doing something clever - drops it out to Ofsted.
    Where Ofsted inpection is concerned, you really are all in it together. Failing to bring to the head's attention an issue that s/he could feasibly put right, in order to score what you might feel are points against him/her, isn't big and it's definitely not clever.