1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted questionnaire on well-being in the teaching profession:- 2 days left

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gigaswitch1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. gigaswitch1

gigaswitch1 Occasional commenter

Last 2 days to fill it in , will it help I doubt it who knows.

Link

Emerging findings so far
    • 28% of respondents report low well-being at work, 26% medium, 35% high and 11% report very high well-being at work.
    • 31% of teachers report low well-being at work compared with 18% for senior leaders.
    • 25% of all respondents have been absent from work due to health problems caused or made worse by work, excluding accidents.
    • 76% of teachers report that their job impacts negatively on their mental health and 60% report that it impacts negatively on their physical health.
    • 62% of all respondents believe that teaching is not valued by society.
    • The top three factors that affect respondents’ well-being positively at work are children/pupils, colleagues and the support they receive from them.
    • In contrast, the most frequently mentioned factors that negatively influence occupational well-being are behaviour (both pupils’ challenging behaviour and inconsistent behaviour management by colleagues), workload and marking

2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Do you know what - I really couldn't care less.

NoseyMatronType and InkyP like this.
  3. Brianthedog

Brianthedog Occasional commenter

Why not?

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Do I really need to tell you that ?

5. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Ofsted will conclude what they are told to conclude from it. Anything that "needs improvement" will be blamed on teachers or ignored.

Ofsted - Wellbeing - pfft!

mothorchid, Sir_Henry and sbkrobson like this.
  6. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Exactly

catmother likes this.
  7. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

My school isn't on the list. Guess I can't take part.

8. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Apparently only some people can fill it in.

It's a sham.

Ofsted are proper wrong uns.

And Ofsted wonder why people hate them. 31%. My arrse

Sir_Henry likes this.
  9. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Of course.
    Here is a very good example, I quote

"The top three factors that affect respondents’ well-being positively at work are children/pupils, colleagues and the support they receive from them."

EVIDENCE that we need more student voice, peer observation, and support plans.

Bwahahahaha.

Sir_Henry likes this.
  10. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Same, what kind of rubbish is that? I entered one close just to get it going but then realised the questions get very personal about the school so backed out and shut it down.

Typical of this awful organisation.

Sir_Henry likes this.
  11. xtra

xtra New commenter

Is this going to be yet another survey where the results are completely ignored?

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Maybe it is only Outstanding schools listed!

Piscean1 likes this.
  13. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

maybe if thousands of teachers gate crashed the survey and told ofsted what the reality of teaching in the uk is, they wouldn't be able to ignore it.

If someone put in a freedom of information request, they would have to admit to the results.

14. Piscean1

Piscean1 Senior commenter

Our school pays lip service to wellbeing. In the same day as sending us an email explaining all they were doing for our wellbeing (things that are normal practice in most schools such as staff not having a break duty every day), 2 members of SLT sent us requests to complete x task by the end of the next day. Surprise tasks with short deadlines to meet other people's PM targets grate on me!

Our SLT sit and congratulate themselves but they haven't got a clue. Not one of them still teaches a class full time so they have no idea how the policies they introduce impact on people planning for 5 days compared to 2. Ivory towers indeed.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I saw a link to the survey on Twitter and it said that teachers had been selected for the survey. So perhaps the schools in the list were those of the selected teachers?

16. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

Same here.