1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted on residential!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clairebear, Nov 12, 2011.

1. We had the call on Friday, I am year 6 teacher and we are going on a residential on Monday, ofsted in Tuesday. Anyone ever had ofsted come on their residential? Just wondering what need to prepare for as not sure if coming along. Risk assessments all done and up to date etc. Not sure what else need to do!

2. We had the call on Friday, I am year 6 teacher and we are going on a residential on Monday, ofsted in Tuesday. Anyone ever had ofsted come on their residential? Just wondering what need to prepare for as not sure if coming along. Risk assessments all done and up to date etc. Not sure what else need to do!

3. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

Lucky you. They can't possibly come with you on the residential. What would be the point?

4. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Ours declined an invite to a day visit. they have too much to get through to go on visits, I would imagine. Good luck.

5. We had exactly the same thing - the call came the morning the children were setting off .... and they still came in two days later. The inspection continued as usual but there was a greater focus on Y5 as it was only Y6 who were out. Pupil conferences took place with Y5 instead. All Y6 books were to be in school for scrutiny and they had access to planning and assessment files. It did mean that more lesson observations for the remaining staff but the team were great.
    And no - they didn't go near the Residential site!
    Good Luck next week.

6. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Dear Ofsted,
    We are going on Residential at the end of January so even though our year since you put us in Notice to Improve is up at the beginning of December please don't come until the last full week in Jan. Feel free to look through my books and planning while I'm away but leave the mess as you find it...I promise it's organised mess and I will know what has been moved
    Thanks
    flickaz