1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted Observation Feedback

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by conjugator, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if we have a right to a copy of the written feedback from a lesson observation? I had the verbal one but couldn't really take it all in, and it was quite good so I'd like to use it in my portfolio of evidence. The inspector said I couldn't have it, but I thought that legally we must be allowed them. Thanks.

2. Does anyone know if we have a right to a copy of the written feedback from a lesson observation? I had the verbal one but couldn't really take it all in, and it was quite good so I'd like to use it in my portfolio of evidence. The inspector said I couldn't have it, but I thought that legally we must be allowed them. Thanks.

3. No, you don't get a copy of it, since it is goes towards the evidence base for judging teaching across the school. On occasions schools request to see parts of the evidence base under the freedom of information act.