1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED NO-NOTICE - A THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by 1983peace, Jan 11, 2012.

1. In light of Wilshaw announcing no-notice inspections from the Autumn, a big thank you must go out to all those that blabbed endlessly about what schools did/do during insections.
    How lovely that we get absolutely no time to prepare and present ourselves at our best in a job that is already overladen with responsibilities, accountability, red tape, tap-dancing, unnecessary paperwork and finger pointing.
    Well done all involved![​IMG]

2. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

I am so glad ours is over and done with.We heard on our first day back with 60 mile an hour winds,no heating and condensation on the walls....no new displays up (whats the point when school has no heating over christmas period,the displays go all saggy).Ofsted came in on Thursday and Friday.We were 1 of the first 10 schools in the country to be done under the new 2012 inspection.

3. Yes i agree! Why blab all that on here, anyone can become a member! Honestly if schools really do all those things as quoted in the media then shame on them and no wonder we are all suffering!
    My school is awaiting since the September the return of the almighty Ofsted....head is now so worried about it that he is sticking us through a mock one. My lessons are always planned with care and attention and i work hard with my kids but honestly, the amount of EXTRA time i have had to put in for next week would be impossible normally. I have so much to do generally but i do it even if it takes a bit longer! Now with this any time inspection from September, how are Ofsted really going to judge a school. Teachers will have no lives (well less than usual). Teaching has become about politics, not about good old fashioned teaching and learning! Gove needs to stick himself in the job for a week and see what life is really like. This is meant to be my job till i retire/die but Gove is only there till Conservatives stay in power or he gets replaced and then some other know-it-all will give it a go! Honestly an Education MP should work in Education!

Sorry rant needed....[​IMG]