1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED literacy coordinator interview questions... please help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by scott209, Feb 26, 2012.

1. scott209

scott209 New commenter

Hey guys!

I'm new to the literacy coordinator position and we were expecting the ofsted inspection in summer, however we received a call on Friday informing us they will be in on Friday.

Luckily, I have been up to date with keeping data, looking at assessment, interventions, certain groups, achievements, etc, but just wondering if anyone has any questions they may ask which may throw me off course, or any advice.

Have looked on the internet, but not come across much!

Thank you!

2. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

If I were you, I would have three children in mind that have been monitored and shown improvement. Choose one from Year 6, one from Year 4 and one from Year 2. By telling the inspector about these children, what you or the class teacher did with them, what the outcome was and where you're going next, you should impress them no end. Answer all their questions by refering to specific children if you can.

3. We have recently been inspected under the new framework and they didn't question our English subject leader. They interviewed the Head and the Assessment coordinator (me), and no one else. One of the things that they were looking at was directly linked to Writing, but they didn't interview the subject leader. If you're up to date with data and all the things you state, it should be fine, even if they do spring a surprise interview. They were interested in looking at marking in English books, and talking to children, but they are not allowed to ask for anything that you haven't got. It was a very friendly inspection as far as I was concerned.