1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED inspection new member of staff

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by tomorrowsgirl, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Hi,

I start a new job on Monday in a sixth form college. I've just been told by SLT that OFSTED will be in next week Tuesday-Friday. What should I do to prepare? I have no data, no knowledge of the students or anything like that.

Help!

Margaret

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Congratulations on your new job. Your manager/CL should support you with this. Are Ofsted coming the day after you start or a week after?

Presumably someone has been teaching this class? If so, there should be data on the students in a class file. This should also contain the course details and dates, exam dates, SOW, LPs, targets, ILPs and details on any assessments they have done so far. If this doesn't exist, try to compile one.

You cannot be held accountable for the students' progress, or lack of, but hopefully you will be able to evidence this anyway.

I'm sure the college is sending out loads of emails to all staff. Have you been set up with an email yet? If not, can you contact your CL or manager to ask for any relevant emails to be sent to your private email address.

Also, find out who your safeguarding contact is.

Best of luck. I don't envy you the Ofsted visit.