1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted Inspection 2012

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by sarah83daniel, May 3, 2011.

1. I would be really grateful if you could send the stuff to me. I think the school will be inspected under this and I am really unsure about this new approach.
    Thanks
    Steve
    hughes273@btinternet.com

2. finite

finite New commenter

I would also like to jump on the bandwagon. Please could you send me your information? Thank you in advance.
    Finite

cattypark@hotmail.com

3. We had our pilot inspection the week before the half term. We were under the impression that most secondaries would be done that week, but that does not seem to be the case.

4. Please could you email 'Conducting pilot school inspections' - guidance for the pilot inspectors and 'The evaluation schedule for use in pilot inspections in Summer 2011 only' as above?
    Thanks very much
    Tom
    tomwolfsman@gmail.com

5. Hi
    Could you also send me the Ofsted notes? Being prepared is the name of the game.
    Many, many thanks
    Please send to: sfcas@hotmail.co.uk

6. Hello all,
    I think I've sent the docs to all who requested!
    Our inspection went well. The inspectors were very approachable and human! There wasn't a massive focus on reading, though maybe because our results & progress are ok. I am the lit co & wasn't interviewed, though neither were our SLT.
    Wouldn't say there was much change in the amount of observations, most seem twice. I work part time & was seem once, though it was a longer obs than the usual 20-30 mins. But my colleague also only had one obs. Most were popping in & out type. The main focus was on progress of all children in the lessons, and on providing challenge for the more able. They interviewed some children and did a work scrutiny of Year 3 and Year 6 books.
    Overall, very glad it's over but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - mainly helped by the lead inspector cracking jokes in the introductory meeting!
    I going to sign off from this forum for a while - good luck to the rest of you! If you need the docs see if one of the previous recipients will send them to you, if not send me a message, but I can't garantee when it'll get done.
    Looking forward to Summer now even more!

7. The pilot schedule could be really helpfulfor my school.

Any chance I could have a copy??

Many thanks.

8. Any chance you could forward the pilot evaluation schedule.

Many thanks

9. Hi

I would be so grateful to get a copy of anything you have and would be very interested to hear how the inspection went if you want to post about it

jacquelinedoherty89@yahoo.com

Thanks!