1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted in EY's. Please help

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by robby64, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I'm not sure what data it is you're referring to. If they came in well below average, then they probably came into nursery mostly working within 22-36 months? Firstly, you need to show clear evidence of this attainment on entry and what percentage of children were working within this band.
    You then need to analyse the percentage of pupils who scored 6+ in the 13 areas and compare them with the national figures. This will tell you, and any inspectors how much progress they made in each area of learning. If you can also give a figure to the number of pupils who were at 3 points on entry to reception (3 points being about right for the start of reception) then this will help to track progress in nursery.

2. Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-GB
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
    line-height:115%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

I have experienced a very similar reaction to my FSP data.
    None of my children came up from nursery with scale 3 writing: 'Represents some
    sounds correctly in writing' - indeed some are leaving me still without achieving
    this scale point!
    Indeed 'describing shapes' and 'counting to 6' has not been attained by all my children!
    It's a game we are all involved in! We all know cohorts are very different - yet we are still expected to improve each year! Are we really expecting to reach 100% some day? Unfortunately, to keep my job I play the game - although it doesn't feel 'right'.

3. No of course you're not expected to reach 100% . Outcomes in eyfs is judged mostly on progress made in CLL MD and PSED. Inspectors then look at phonics teaching, curriculum indoors and out, assessment data and other management issues. It is quite possible for a eyfs that is well below average on entry to get a grade 1