1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED have left the building

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by headdown, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Just thought I'd share my joy. The left about 4.15pm this afternoon and I watched them leave the car park waving like they were some long lost relative. I felt like Basil Fawlty in the Kipper and the corpse always trying to hide something from them the Year 3 boys having a scrap, the parent whinging about homework, the kid who fell off the climbing frame, the sh!te teacher. Anyway it worked and they can go *** em selves for another 3 years. Cheers (It's stella artois I'm rasing to my computer screen

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Well done that colleague!

3. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

While I do understand what you mean, the fact we hide things means that people don't know just how bad the average school really is, and what we have to put up with. When I as at school, violence/swearing at teachers was relatively rare. Now it's every lesson.
    And as for the bit about parents, perhaps Old F**kers Seeing Teachers Endure Devilry should report on just how bad some parents are; if they don't do their 'job' it makes it very difficult for us to do ours, and their bad apples upset the cart that is our class...

4. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

Ofsted left our building on Tuesday and I am one term in post as an acting head! We had a child fall and split their head open enough to need stitches. The LI said she could now tick the box that said procedures had indeed been tested!