1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED Feedback

Discussion in 'Governors' started by greenpaddy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

We have ust had an Ofsted Inspection and the Chair of Governors was present with head andeputy head for feedback at the end of inspection. I am just wondering should all the governing body be informed of the overall result before the report is writing as some governors know the information but not all - the staff governors do not know anything!

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Ofsted feedback is confidential until the report is published, but that doesn't mean all governors can't be told. The feedback from the lead inspector is to the school and governing body - the chair is there as a representative of the whole GB. The confidentiality isn't restricted to those were physically present in the room when the feedback was given. I've been present at quite a few feedbacks and I've never heard the inspector suggest that the feedback couldn't be shared with the whole GB. We always do a quick email to all governors immediately after the feedback with the 'headlines', stressing it's confidential to GB until report is published.

3. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

Many thanks - you obviosly do not have a two tier governing body system with an inner sanctum knowing everything and then the rest - mostly staff governors who are privy to some nformation!