1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ofsted feedback

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by imateachertoo, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Bloody hell, 'deeply' inadequate, aren't teachers allowed to have a dinner?
    Mind you at my school, if you are not living and breathing levels this and levels that, then the management think you are inadequate or if the management see, or hear you laugh they will tell you off, often with a stern finger in the face.
    However, I am still non the wiser. Does an Ofsted inspector inform the head by name those teacher that get a grade 4?

2. Officially or unofficially, assume that the head will get to know.
    It is hard to think of a situation where the head would choose not to know, or not to ask, or couldn't guess correctly, or knew already. But I think the point has been made that getting one Inadequate grading is not the end of the world.

3. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

Can't you read. People are getting sick of listening to your paranoid questions. What's the fuss?

4. Cannot respond at the moment, I think I am being watched !!!!!!

5. keyboard2

The children have similar problems.

6. shellyf

shellyf New commenter

Does an Ofsted inspector tell the head, the name say, Ms Smith teacher say Art/humanities/Reor whatever, had an unsatisfactory lesson? In other words names that teacher?[

Simple answer is yes.I am a HT and not only was I told about the lesson I was asked to return with the Inspector to jointly observe part of another lesson by the same teacher.

7. Thanks, one mystery solved. Who did Gove consult about not wanting esson plans?

8. Sorry, that should have been lesson plans. What pupil data does Ofsted generally require?

9. White Paper so don't believe it all yet. I would have thought after six inspections (do they follow you round in a van?) you would be pretty clued up on this by now!

10. We main scale teachers are, 'pretty (well) clued up', it is the SMT, that hasn't a clue.

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Talking to yourself?
    For those not in the know, Imateachertoo and Missedopportunity are one and the same poster. There's a thread about PPA time on the opinion forum, where this poster has slipped up. The op is Imateachertoo, missedopportunity joins the the thread to support imateachertoo's aruguments and then from about post 40 onwards missedopportunity refers to herself as the op. He/ she slipped up and forgot which username s/he'd posted the op under.
    S/he's also posting in a quite provocative manner on the HT forum, where she says that she's been consistently judged as outstanding by ofsted, which begs the question, why is she so concerned about an inadequate lesson obs.
    Approach with cauiton would be my advice.

In response to the question posed in the OP, as a head and as a member of SLT I've always been asked by inspectors to grade teachers before lesson obs took place. I've been done under the 2009 framework 3 times and have been asked to do joint obs with the lead inspector. So identifying inadequate teachers hasn't been an issue. A decent head knows if there are any in the school and also who they are. But an ofsted inspector has always fed back all grades to me. In my current and my last school there was a culture of sharing openly amongst staff anyway. Whatever the grade.

12. keyboard2

I'm pissing myself with laughter here. This bloody woman. She's a head too - dear, dear me!

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

Not true. I have a Ph.D. in linguistics and this woman speaks garbage. She has no idea what constitutes first-person etc. If this is the case, provide evidence of this.
    I'm passing my opinion and I stand by them. You are rude and offensive. Your manner is surly. I've received numerous messages saying your irrational behaviour isn't our of the ordinary. Grow up.
    A lie. I said I have received two outstanding grades this year, which I have. You said you have had sixteen outstanding grades 'for the record' - your exact words.
    You owe me an apology. This is really, really inappropriate. Ditto.

13. keyboard2

imateachertoo, should we have a conversation and pretend it is the same person?

14. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

For someone with a phd in linguistics your Reading is shocking. I said I've 16 years teaching experience and never been judged less than outstanding. Do take more care when you read. I think you might be unwell.

15. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

A visit to the headteacher forum should tell others all they need to know.

16. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Also a visit to the ppa thread on opinion reveals that missedopportunity / imateachertoo claims she had no
    Internet access all day yesterday and did not post on tes, yet post 32 and 33 show her posting here. Interesting.

17. keyboard2

Perhaps it is because we are different people. You need to drop this. The funni thing is, I KNOW you're wrong yet you are utterly convinced you are correct. It is rather funny actually.

18. I was at a football match yesterday while I went to visit my parents. And at 15.47, when you claim I was on this thread, it was nearing half time and I was making my way around the ground to get a bovril.
    I repeat for you again, my parents do not have the internet and I was not able to use any device whilst at the match to post on this thread.
    Clear as dishwater to me.
    I am imateachertoo not missedopp..

19. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Yet imateachertoo has the same posting style, the same trouble using the quote function ( which no one else has) and claims that she didn't have net acess or post yesterday. How to explain post 32 on this forum.... I wonder.

20. imateachertoo, should we have a conversation and pretend it is the same person?