1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted downgrades one in four 'good' schools under new short inspections

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Jan 29, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. abacus1982

abacus1982 Established commenter

Statistics are always written in a negative light with regards to education. Surely the article should read that 72% of schools remain good or better?

lizziescat likes this.
  3. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

I'd be more interested in how many outstanding schools get downgraded. Certainly, from what I've seen around here, there seem to be a few with this grade that make you wonder if the inspector was on something when he visited the school.

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Three out of four schools stay good or improve is a more boring headline. How does that relate to good schools that have full inspections? My gut feeling is that this fits in with what I think ofsted's churn rate might be.

5. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

When schools test children and they get poor results the teachers are blamed.

When OfSTEd tests schools and they get poor results the teachers are blamed.

chelsea2 likes this.
  6. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Who cares what Ofsted say?

They've been getting data and observations horribly wrong for many years. And damaging schools and teachers' careers on a bogus basis during that time.

They were finished as a reputable organisation several years ago

old_dobbin likes this.
  7. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

OFSTED and statistics?

images-1.png