1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted coming. What's the latest thing they are looking for..

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by caramel, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hi
    I need the help of those of you who have recently had a visit from Ofsted. I teach reception class and need to know what they are hoping to see. We had good last time but I have heard things have changed so much that they are now looking for different things and am quite worried. Any advice would be brilliant.

2. Hi
    I need the help of those of you who have recently had a visit from Ofsted. I teach reception class and need to know what they are hoping to see. We had good last time but I have heard things have changed so much that they are now looking for different things and am quite worried. Any advice would be brilliant.

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

safeguarding, risk assessments, next steps in learning attached to observations

4. Thank you NellyFUF. I think I should be ok with these. With the risk assessments do you do one for your classroom. I have one for our playground, woods, and when we go for walks in the local area but not one for my classroom.

5. data, data, data!
    sorry

6. don't be sorry chalkie bunny. Anything specific or just the profile levels

7. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

on entry assessments
    exit data for last year with local comparison
    how many levels progress (although I certainly don't agree with this kind of thing!)
    next steps might be key, just might be, be interesting to find out