1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted are coming

Discussion in 'Primary' started by MillyStar, Jun 12, 2011.

1. MillyStar

MillyStar New commenter

We are due Ofsted very immminently. This week most likely. I am a third year teacher and I have never had any experience of Ofsted at all. I have always had good observations but over the last few months I have not been getting good observations and recently I have not agreed with the feedback to my drop in observations. As you can imagine this has caused me massive stress and I have taken on board every scrap of advice, but am still getting drop in observations once a week (as are others in the school) and keep being told to improve something else. Because of all this my confidence has plummeted and just the thought of Ofsted is making me terrified, my heart is beating really hard and I'm terrified of letting my school down.
    So my question is, what can I best do to prepare? My confidence has taken such a knock I feel everything I do is completely wrong.
    Thanks

2. wordclass

wordclass New commenter

<font face="Calibri">I think the leadership team are most under scrutiny &ndash; so put it in perspective. Just make sure your paperwork is up-to-date and books are marked etc, etc. Children knowing their targets is often investigated. With respect to observation lessons, do as you would do ordinarily (albeit with a lick of polish). If you do an uncharacteristic all singing all dancing extravaganza, the outcomes could be: (a) the children are &lsquo;thrown&rsquo; by it or (b) they articulate, unprompted or perhaps when asked by an inspector, that it was not a typical lesson! [plus all the other standard stuff &ndash; LO shared and referred to, children make demonstrative progress; lesson has pace]</font>