1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted and the coronavirus

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by nosnic, Mar 7, 2020.

1. nosnic

nosnic New commenter

Will Ofsted visits be stopped due to the risk of passing on the virus by inspectors and the long incubation. Any thoughts?

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

You are clutching at straws!

3. speaker2

speaker2 Occasional commenter

I expect that Ofsted will be advising their staff on this and that, like all organisations, it will be a case of reviewing things as the situation develops. If inspectors have to self-isolate, there may end up being a delay in running as many inspections surely, due to shortage of staff. I doubt that there will be a general postponing of inspections at this stage though.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

5. Rott Weiler

Publication of Inspection Reports suspended too. (Added to Ofsted coronavirus page yesterday)

Inspection reports

We will not be publishing reports from our recent inspections of schools, further education and early years providers until they reopen as normal for all children/students.

6. katie40

katie40 New commenter

What are Ofsted doing at the moment? Are they furloughed? Are they still being paid in full? If so, for what? I really want to know!

7. Rott Weiler

The great majority of Ofsted inspectors aren't Ofsted employees but serving heads and SLT seconded by their schools for short periods. Presumably they are working in their schools as all other HT/SLT are. Only HMI are directly employed by Ofsted, about 150 of them. No idea what they are doing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  8. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 Occasional commenter

We were due a visit any time - I wonder what will happen come September?