1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

OFSTED and ICT Planning in Primary

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by becktonboy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Sounds OK to me, impulce.
    Most importantly for you: what was the judgment on ICT in the last OfSTED report and how does ICT figure on the SEF? Otherwise look to the buzzwords:personalised learning (how's your VLE?), cross-curricular, e-safety ....
    I haven't had a subject leader interview since the 90's, so don't know if they are common feature, unless it is a subject focussed inspection.

2. What VLE!? We are a primary and dont have one yet - ive been tackling resources with budget money first as our ICT equipment was shocking... so new server, wireless internet installed, new staff laptops, a set of netbooks, new digital cameras, new ICT suite computers ordered...that's been my priority so i've done little in the way of curriculum work, or looking into VLE's. Hopefully the fact that our equipment needed a massive update is enough of a reason!

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

they should certainly be impressed by your provision in that case, with perhaps a few questions to senior management on why the school was allowed to languish?