1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofsted and 8 months pregnant...

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by Thespirit82, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Thespirit82

Thespirit82 New commenter

I am finishing at Easter for mat leave, and my school is currently overdue for ofsted (will be 6 years in April!)

If they come before I finish, will they have the usual expectations of me or will they accept that I will mostly be sat down..?

Thanks

2. mrcooldude

mrcooldude Occasional commenter

Surely they'd understand your situation? I'm yet to experience my first Ofsted but like to think that they're human too. If they ask any questions, you could blame your hormones for socking them ;) haha.
    I'm sure everything will be fine :) .

3. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

OFSTED doesn't have expectations of you but the school generally. So you'll be part of a much bigger picture.

The observed lesson should also reflect what went before in terms of pupil progress so you won't be judged solely on the day.

Pomz and wanet like this.
  4. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

When I was pregnant with my second daughter, the school I was teaching in was in special measures so was constantly being inspected. I was still observed, however, even one of the inspectors told me to sit down! :)

5. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

If you are distressed when you get told the day before OFSTED you might consider going to your GP. At 8 months you should put yourself and your baby first.

Compassman likes this.
  6. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I was having problems with my back during one Ofsted/HMI visit, so I had a note on the top of each lesson plan to explain why I was teaching sitting down. At least if you are that pregnant it's obvious!

7. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

she is hopefully a mummy now!