1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofstead stress just before Christmas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Evo6, Dec 5, 2011.

1. A mate emailed me over the weekend and told me they have ofstead in for the last week of term just before Christmas. So the end of a long term, staff knackered and the kids all hyped up because of the Christmas break !! One wonders who makes the decisions on where and when they decide to inspect.

2. chubbyone

chubbyone New commenter

I have to agree with any time could be inconvenient, to close to Christmas, to early in term, to late in year. At least you have known in advance. We had phonically Tuesday dinnertime and they were in Thursday Friday. If you are good it will be fine. Don't panic and not worry to much!!!,!!! A few years ago we had one at the end of autumn term like you and we were told to stay the same, one of the two days was our nativity in the morning and afternoon and we could not cancel that. The second day the ks2 were doing their Carol service!!!!! At least it reduced the time we had to worry about when they would pop into our lessons!!

Just keep smiling.

3. Better than the 'at risk' of redundancy notice we received today! [​IMG]

4. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

We were given a reasonable amount of notice.
    Thursday for a Monday Tuesday visit. It was ok.
    If it had been the nextr two weeks we would have been mid Christmas activities too, but they do keep saying they want to see the normal routine in the school...

Hi Evo6!

5. It's good to see that literacy is alive and well in our primary schools!
    'Too', not 'to'. (x4 so probably not a typo?)
    And what does 'phonically Tuesday' mean?

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

how the hell cna school do that..why do schools and business choose christmas to issue such threats?

7. OMG, just spotted 'Ofstead' in the op.

8. I am not a teacher but work in schools and colleges, offering a 'service'. (Won't give away too much, all to do with 90 day consultation and getting everything in place before the end of the financial year). Sadly it's not a threat, it's a reality.

9. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Giggirl - that's difficult. Hope it works out for you. xx

10. Sparkly Duck, us too (though you may well be at the same school that I currently am!)
    Far from ideal timing- but I reckon I'd say that whenever I encountered them :|

11. Sorry I will proof read better in future.

12. If your school is a county beginning with N and is in Academy limbo (should have converted in September but now due for January) then you probably are!!! *wonders who Alliandra could be*
    One day down, one more to go!

13. Ah, no- in a county beginning with N but already an Academy. Shall be sad to leave :( Hope your first day went well, here's to the next!

14. I thought Ofsted didn't do visits in December? I thought they were <strike>Christmas shopping</strike> training for the changes?
    Oh dear! Bet that means we will get a visit then. As if the staff aren't 'wibbly' enough. (New word invented by a student)

15. "Wibbly" has been a word for ages!
    I suspect maybe they wanted to inspect under the old framework to best compare results to see how the school has improved? Who knows. I don't try to understand Ofsted

16. The five of us made redundant last April received our redundancy notices in the first few days of the Christmas holiday.