1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ofqual rescues ‘wrongly entered’ GCSE pupils from failure but who is to blame for the mix-up?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Aug 21, 2018.

1. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

That would make more sense.

install likes this.
  2. nervousned

nervousned Senior commenter

A little research confirms that O grades existed pre 1987 and conferred an O level pass and N grades existed 1987 - 2000 and was a "Nearly passed" grade.

3. yodaami2

yodaami2 Lead commenter

I stand corrected. I didn’t get any Os or Ns so memory is vague. I do remember my friend got 3 fs. Yes in lower case when all other grades were upper case. It was like they were very quietly saying oops you’ve failed. Didn’t help as they were posted on a wall for all to see in my school!!

install likes this.
  4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have a certificate for Maths with Stats O/A level. Taken in 1974 at the end of the lower VI. I suppose it could be regarded as a for runner of AS levels.

5. thanks for this post i really satisfied with your work. [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2018
  6. Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2018