1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

offering to stay on m6

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by firecracker, May 4, 2011.

1. firecracker

firecracker New commenter

looking for a bit of advice, I want to apply for a new job and they have said they have only budgeted for m5 although for the right person they would consider m6, I am on m6 now, just wondering the pros and cons of saying on my application that I am willing to stay at m6 for another year if successful. I would really like the job and it would save me nearly £100 a month in petrol alone so I wouldn't be much worse off on a day to day basis. but how would it affect my pension etc and is there anything else I need to consider if I do this ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

FC

2. firecracker

looking for a bit of advice, I want to apply for a new job and they have said they have only budgeted for m5 although for the right person they would consider m6, I am on m6 now, just wondering the pros and cons of saying on my application that I am willing to stay at m6 for another year if successful. I would really like the job and it would save me nearly £100 a month in petrol alone so I wouldn't be much worse off on a day to day basis. but how would it affect my pension etc and is there anything else I need to consider if I do this ?

Thanks in advance for any advice

FC

3. firecracker

thanks, think I will talk to the head and ask if that is something that they might consider, no harm in making the suggestion !¬