1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Off with stress' how long can this go on?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Mrs_Hamilton, Jun 4, 2013.

1. catherinefshr

catherinefshr New commenter

So Im at complete breaking point with teaching(been doing it 8 yrs). I have changed jobs last year and now come to the conclusion its just not for me. I can't think how i'm going to get through the rest of the term, I go in crying and come out crying... don't know how much more I can take.....:(

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Hi Catherine, so sorry you are feeling so low - but you will know, from reading these forums, that you are by far not the only one. Don't go in tomorrow; call in sick (you can self-certificate for up to 5 days) and make an appointment to see your GP asap. Follow their instructions. Take some time to rest and recover and consider your options - call the union for advice. Then, when you are feeling stronger, make an appointment to talk to your Head Teacher. You may be surprised; despite the way it sometimes appears when you read various posts, they may be very supportive. Take someone along to the meeting if you are worried.
    The most important thing here is your health; the school will carry on tomorrow whether you are there or not. It's time to be kind to yourself and look after you! Sending a hug x