1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Off with post natal depression- hr meeting

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by funkyyay, Nov 24, 2018.

1. funkyyay

funkyyay New commenter

I’ve been off work for 5 weeks
    With pnd and have seen occupational
    Health who were fab but now I’ve been asked to attend a hr welfare meeting. Does anyone know what this will entail? Or have any advice?
    It’s making be so anxious and even more stressed.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I imagine it is to discuss the report from OH and how school can support you with a return to work in the future. HR attend to make sure the head follows proper procedures.

Try not to worry, easier said than done. If OH were fab, then chances are school and HR will listen and all will be well.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. skellig1182

skellig1182 Established commenter

If you feel up to it go but if not then you should be recovering at home. xxx

agathamorse likes this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

A/ what did OH say?
    B/ get back to HR and ask what is the purpose of the proposed meeting

Then I'd be prepared to comment. But, at this stage, my only advice is not to attend on the grounds that you are too unwell.

If you were to be reassured about the meeting and appreciate its purpose then you might feel less unwell. Or you might not.

Nobody can do anything work-related if they're ill.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

You can attend the welfare with your union rep who will be there to ensure the procedure is followed correctly. The welfare meeting will be to discuss how you are feeling, discuss the OH report and see what reasonable adjustments the school can put in place to help you return to work.