1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Off to Paris in the morning and have a cough and start of head cold

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafawke, Aug 22, 2011.

1. I've been well all holidays and thought I was set... finally going somewhere special for a few days and sure enough I've started to cough and my nose is starting to run.... I've had a couple of cold and flu tablets to see if I can head it off but I think it has already taken hold... not looking forward to the flight if my head is going to explode.... [​IMG]
    Cant think where I have caught this unless it was on Saturday night when I went to see one of my students play the role of Edna in a production of Hairspray... don't recall anyone spluttering around me...
    Really miserable... so going to pack and try and make myself feel better... early night I think as have to be on the train to airport at 7am...

2. I've been well all holidays and thought I was set... finally going somewhere special for a few days and sure enough I've started to cough and my nose is starting to run.... I've had a couple of cold and flu tablets to see if I can head it off but I think it has already taken hold... not looking forward to the flight if my head is going to explode.... [​IMG]
    Cant think where I have caught this unless it was on Saturday night when I went to see one of my students play the role of Edna in a production of Hairspray... don't recall anyone spluttering around me...
    Really miserable... so going to pack and try and make myself feel better... early night I think as have to be on the train to airport at 7am...

3. Hopefully you're not like me and always get ill/grotty after flights anyway...
    (Sorry, I know that's massively unhelpful, but hopefully it doesn't get worse and you have a lovely time!)

4. Beecham's Flu Extra Strong stuff. Pack loads of meds - just knowing they're there will help until the dix cognacs kick in!