1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Of course I'm ill, it's half term!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Teapot345, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Teapot345

Teapot345 New commenter

Does anyone else find illnesses save themselves up (largely) for the holidays?!

At least I'm getting an enforced rest - probably a good thing. This illness has rendered me useless.

Hope e you've all had a good half term.

2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

I fully sympathise, having spent most of today with a high temperature, wobbly legs and shivering ...really hope it's just a 24 hour thing.

3. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Haven't felt this rough in a long time - I know it's probably just a cold/virus/ flu but am feeling totally c**p :(

4. excess

excess New commenter

I’ve been unwell all week. I was so looking forward to a well deserved break but by Saturday, I felt the flulike symptoms taking hold and strongly.
    I couldn’t even hold any food down too.
    I did sleep a lot though.

5. Teapot345

Teapot345 New commenter

Food poisoning for me! Totally debilitating. I should start going out for midweek meals instead me thinks.

Sympathies for all of you!

6. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Oh, the joys of food poisoning! I remember getting that after eating oysters in Galway - I honestly thought my stomach was going to come up with so much vomiting (sorry, probably TMI!) Hope you will both be on the mend soon.

On the plus side, I suppose we are all going to lose weight from the loss of appetite...;)