1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Odyssey Now school production

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Sylviee, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I used Odyssey Now for my English lessons with my PMLD group this term. Next term, we are doing a school production on the theme of 'a journey'. I was thinking of adapting some of the activities we did last term for Odyssey Now for our contribution to the school production.
    I was wondering if anyone ever done Odyssey Now for a school production?
    Thanks,
    Sylviee

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Hi, I've never done it as a school production, but I have used it often and do it as a sort of production acting it out in the classroom. I've got a couple of my lesson plans in the resource area. I'd be happy to share anything else I've got with you, or be a sounding board for developing the idea. PM me, but leave a message on here so I know... I sometimes forget to log in [​IMG] but I do "lurk" regularly.

3. Riv

Riv New commenter

dzil I used your "Setting off" lesson plan a stimulus for ideas for my class to do a short play about Odessey. They really enjoyed the sea shanty song, we developed verses for it to sing as we rowed off to each different adventure. Thanks for sharing.
    I've got the link. Hope it works.
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/59.aspx

4. Hi,
    Dzil - thanks for sharing your lesson plans. They are great and we have enjoyed using Odyssey Now for our English lessons.
    Riv - thanks for sharing the link too.
    I have decided to go with a journey into space theme for our school production. I may pm you sometime in the next few weeks if that's okay with you Dzil just to ask your opinion about my idea, as you seem to have a lot of PMLD experience.
    thanks! :)
    Sylviee

5. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

I'm always willing to colaborate and new ideas always welcome. Look forward to sharing with you.
    Glad you found some of my ideas helpful Riv. Any feedback, good or bad is useful. Anything to improve what we do for the pupils.