1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Odd shoes!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

I had got half way to the cinema to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel this afternoon when I realised that I was wearing odd shoes, one completely different from the other. Should I be worried or should I be relieved that I noticed?

2. Oh gawd!
    Just laugh ......
    Was the film good? Seen the trailers.

3. p.s.
    the mistake happened, probably because recently you have been dealing with leg issues.

4. I taught for a whole day in odd shoes once.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

At least you weren't wearing fluffy slippers!
    Was the film good? I was thinking of going to see it myself - such a wealth of favourite actors!

6. I went to work once, skirt inside out and odd shoes....one with a heel and the other flat. Must be sign of great .................something?

7. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I went to school in my slippers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You are all so comforting! It did make me laugh in fact but one never knows when one might be losing one's marbles. I don't think the film was particularly good but I enjoyed it. It's a carpe diem , feel- good film for oldies. The colours, the scenery and the buildings are pleasing to look at and I always admire Maggie Smith and Judy Dench but the script was somewhat laboured.

9. Actually, I have done it, as well. Same shoes, just different colour's. I buy more if something is comfortable and fits.
    We ought to form a club. The odd shoe club. Has a certain ring to it.

10. I once had a pair of walking shoes the uppers of which were identical, but the tread pattern on the sole was different. I never realised this until I walked through a puddle and noticed my footprints. I aslo had two pairs of boots, which were very similar except one pair had a seam down the middle and the other did not. I work odd ones of these pairs one day but nobody noticed; well, nobody said anything.

11. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I'm intrigued to learn what drew your attention to the difference in your shoes.
    Was one a high-heeled stilleto and the other a lace up brogue?

12. Can I ask how you can not notice you've got odd shoes on? I've never understood this.
    I've got a couple of similar looking pairs of shoes, and if in my eyes closed state in the morning I mix them up, I immediately notice - they feel different on my feet...they don't feel like a pair.
    I even have two pairs of trainers which exactly match - it wouldn't actually matter if I wore them as an odd pair - they're exactly the same shoes, only a few months age difference (and some paint splatters!!), but even when they were relatively new, I could tell the difference between them when I put them on.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'd have noticed had this been the case. One shoe was black with a bar across the instep and the other was black with a T strap. They were both 1" high.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I suspect that it's because I dress on autopilot and am usually deep in thought or lack of it afterwards. This is, however, the first time this has happened. Though one day last week I did realise at lunch time, after I had been working in the front garden all morning, that I was wearing a half slip over, rather than under my skirt. I had been chatting to several neighbours who stopped as they went by and no one seemed to notice, or at any rate they were too polite to say so.
    Maybe my brain is still fuddled from all the morphine and codeine I was taking after my knee replacement.

15. Haha! I'll accept that as your excuse...
    not sure it would work for everybody though!

16. modelmaker

How can you be so sure?
    I inadvertently walked the dog to the shop a few months ago and it was only when I dropped a quid I noticed I was wearing my slippers.
    My sweetheart isn't beyond testing me by pairing socks of different patterns together, and I have to be honest, there are times that I can't be ***** to wade through the rest of them to discover which socks have been thrust into adultary against their will.
    I forgot to ask, nutella, were the shoes you wore both oposingly handed? i.e one left and one right?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I wondered that as I was writing it!
    They were opposingly footed, one L and one R. I'd have noticed if they hadn't been as they would have felt strange.

18. camis

camis New commenter

I went to my Godson's christening in my slippers...in my defence I was 7 months pregnant and would have struggled to get anything else on my feet anyway. However it wasn't deliberate - I just forgot to put shoes on when I left the house! At least they were moccasin style slippers so didn't look too odd...

(I also forgot to change out of my slippers when I left early in the morning to catch a flight to Dublin - I spent the entire weekend wearing the only pair of walking boots that I had packed in my the case!)

19. Reminds me of a time in pizza hut. Caught the waitress looking under my table with another girl. When i looked under i found that i was wearing the shoes from the bowling alley. God i hate those shoes!

20. modelmaker

A former employer of mine told me at an exhibition to always study the shoes of a potential lead. I haven't a clue what he was on about, because for me, the only shoes worth wearing are those that are comfortable. I'll wear a pair of comfortable shoes till the soles have worn through and can't be repaired and I don't give a **** what anyone thinks about it.