1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Odd request: to be sent a virus

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by DEmsley, Jan 24, 2012.

1. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

OK that might sound daft but does anyone remember, years back, one of the first viruses on the Acorn Archimedes was written in BASIC. It contained the works address of the author!!
    Does anyone have a copy the listing?

Cheers

Dave

2. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

OK that might sound daft but does anyone remember, years back, one of the first viruses on the Acorn Archimedes was written in BASIC. It contained the works address of the author!!
    Does anyone have a copy the listing?

Cheers

Dave

3. autismuk

autismuk New commenter

I wrote a Virus for the Archimedes as well, it's an interesting technical thing to do. Of course the propogation was turned off all the time and there was no payloads
    Never heard of a BASIC one before. You might get the source for one of the Microsoft Office viruses because I think they were written in VBA. There are a few online in assembler and C.

4. I remember the virus - pretty sure I can remember which school was named (but obviously this site's T&Cs prevent me from disclosing it in public)...

No, I don't have a copy in quarantine somewhere though...