1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Odd question, but what do you do ...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by behindprivateeyes, Feb 7, 2012.

1. A very odd question for colleagues, but I want to check that I'm not a dragon in disguise. What do you do if the quality of a child's work, lower KS2, is not what you expect?
    BPE

2. A very odd question for colleagues, but I want to check that I'm not a dragon in disguise. What do you do if the quality of a child's work, lower KS2, is not what you expect?
    BPE

3. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

It would depend on the reasons why you were expecting better, and what exactly was wrong with it, wouldn't it?

4. thegoose

thegoose New commenter

rip it out if it is not the child's best. Re do it if it has work on the other side! But I am a dragon! x

5. Tell them what they did well and what they could do to improve it and then give them time to do that.

6. Thank you. Hard to explain, but the comments help.
    BPE

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I would generally expect to notice the work wasn't ok a short way into the task. I'd deal wit it them. But if, for some strange reason, I noticed when marking the child would have to improve or redo their work. Usually at break or lunch, sometimes at home.

8. This.
    It's what my own daughter's Year 3 teacher does too. Some of the parents aren't keen on them bringing the work home though!

9. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Why? I would think that was wonderful. Maybe I'm a dragon-mother.