1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Odd phobia/toothpaste related post!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by char2505, Feb 4, 2011.

1. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hi all. I have an odd question to ask. I have a massive hatred of mint (as in if it is in the room, I gag) which is a problem when it comes to toothpaste. For about a decade I have been using Euthyumol and wondering why I keep needing filings, stupidly not aware about the whole needing flouride to prevent cavities issue. Now realise that this brand does not contain flouride. I am miserable about my cavities/enamel wearing away, but despite this can not stand to go to a mint toothpaste. Does anyone know of a non mint toothpaste with flouride?

2. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hi all. I have an odd question to ask. I have a massive hatred of mint (as in if it is in the room, I gag) which is a problem when it comes to toothpaste. For about a decade I have been using Euthyumol and wondering why I keep needing filings, stupidly not aware about the whole needing flouride to prevent cavities issue. Now realise that this brand does not contain flouride. I am miserable about my cavities/enamel wearing away, but despite this can not stand to go to a mint toothpaste. Does anyone know of a non mint toothpaste with flouride?

3. inq

inq

Children's toothpaste comes in cherry/ banana/ bubblegum/ orange and has fluoride.

4. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

Aquafresh extreme clean doesn't taste of mint. Personally I thought it was vile, but you might like it.

5. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Thanks for the tip. I thought maybe kids toothpaste would not be good for grown up teeth? Although I suppose if I used alongside Euthymol could be better than what am doing at mo. Surely got to be adult no mint flouride toothpaste on the market!

6. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Try the (newish) <u>Corsodyl daily defence</u> toothpaste. It is about &pound;4 a tube, pinky brown and tastes vile, but it does the job without recourse to mint.

7. Have you tried Colgate Herbal White? I've just read a couple of reviews on Dooyoo and they seem to be positive. You'd may find it on Amazon or Boots online? Boots online deliver to a store apparently.

8. Have you tried Colgate Herbal White? I've just read a few reviews on dooyoo and they all seem positive. You could see if Boots online stock it, apparently Boots online will deliver to a local store. Amazon might stock too.

9. Sorry for double reply, it looked like my original reply had been lost!

10. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Thanks, guys! I think you may have helped me find a winner!
    Not sure if am looking at right product but the corsodil has pic of mint leaf on front (I think, can't enlarge the pic). Aquafresh says 'flavour' in ingredients, so not sure if will be mint. I think sometimes other people think things don't taste of mint as they don't find it offensive, (a bit like garlic) but will follow up the lead, thanks! Colgate herbal white apparently tastes of basil - yay!
    Thanks again!

11. I have an allergy to regular toothpaste and have found the only brand I can use is Kingfisher which I can only buy from health food shops or Waitrose. They do a fluoride free one but also a regular mint and fluoride which isn't too minty at all and a fennel one (with fluoride) which just tastes of anniseed.
    I would give the fennel one a try as the flavour isn't too strong.

12. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I use aquafresh extreme clean and it is mint. I'm sure I heard once that you can get fluoride supplements to take but I may be wrong.

13. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I tried that once, and it was so vile I couldn't bring myself to brush my teeth with it again! Back to colgate! It definitely didn't taste of mint though.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Corsodyl tastes so evil it makes me retch. How about soot?

15. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I did have to brush my teeth after with colgate to get rid of the taste! The Corsodyl mouthwash is ok though.

16. rosievoice

Soz. Just put my specs on to read the ingredients, and Corsodyl daily wotnot does contain mint amongst half a dozen other plant extracts. I can't taste it, but if you are hyper-sensitive to it, then it's not for you. Sorry to have raised your hopes.

17. rosievoice

Yes, it tastes vile, but you get used to it. It is excellent for delicate flowers like me with sensitive gums.

18. my dad has this and has never used toothpaste. he brushes his teeth 5 times a day just under the tap. he has very healthy teeth to.

19. Can you not just take fluoride tablets?